Skube's everyday life Blog.

Insight into my mind.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

fun with SSS

I've been trying to find a good method of getting Subsurface Scattering without using the time consuming mental ray "fast" sss shaders. So I've been coming up with my own solution. It still needs work, but I figured I'd post a comparison.
This is a model that a co-worker and I did in mudbox a couple weeks ago. PS, LOVE mudbox! It's so easy to use right out of the box, compared to a certain other program..**cough cough** Z-BRUSH **cough cough**.
Anyway, don't ask me what it is, cause we were making it up as we went along. It's some sort of flesh pickle with a classical greek beard.
So see if you can pick out which one was mental ray, and which was my own method.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home