Skube's everyday life Blog.

Insight into my mind.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

bestpricecamera.com sucks nuts!

OK people, this is a warning to all out there who shop online for cameras and equipment. DO NOT SHOP AT BESTPRICECAMERA.COM!!! I just got my HDV cam today, and found that they had decided, in their infinite wisdom, to "upgrade" me to a less desirable package deal. I was charged almost 300 bucks more than what I was supposed to, and I was not given everything I had ordered. I looked these guys up on price.com's review page and I found that there are TONS of reviews with similar stories. Also, they apparently use more than this site for their company. There's a few that are all fronts for these bait and switch jokers. And their customer service is a joke. The guy actually asked me what I was "bitching" about, since I was still getting "a good deal". Classy and professional, huh.
The lesson here is, when ordering over the web, do as much research as possible. You can never have enough info on people like this.
I'm hoping my credit card company will be able to help me out with this. I'm not giving this camera back to them just to have to wait over 8 weeks for my real order.
Infuriating! Mr. Mcgee has made me angry, people. And he isn't gonna like me when I'm angry.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I ordered a Canon professional series lens and wanted overnight delivery.

    2 business days later, a rep from the BestPricesCameras.com calls and first thing tries to get me to agree to the inferior Sigma lens. He told me it was just as good, actually better, for the camera I have (Canon Digital Rebel XTi).

    I told him it isn't, said I wasn't interested and asked how long it would be until I got the lens I ordered.

    He said 3 weeks.

    I said that won't do and I want to cancel my order.

    He said, "Fine, not a problem." - and hung up on me! No confirmation that the order has been canceled, not a goodbye, sorry we couldn't help you, and all that nice stuff a good company that wants to keep customers does.

    I tried to call the number that my Caller ID said called - it was a bad number.

    I called the customer service number and talked to a guy there who sounded slightly nicer, but still a weasel. He confirmed who I talked to and that the order had been canceled.

    Then I asked to speak to the first guy's manager.

    The manager made no apologies. I accused him of bait-and-switch. He had no defense. I told him about the above rudeness. His reply was "That's weird. Chris has been with us for years and we've never got a complaint about him."

    It is obvious from 5 minutes of interaction with these people that all they want is to speak to suckers they can pull their crap on. As soon as they get someone who is on to them, they get rid of them as soon as possible.

    Don't! Don't! Don't do business with this company!
    -edj

     
  • At 1:08 PM , Blogger DJ Smack Mackey said...

    Indeed. No one should do even the smallest amount of buisness with them. I'm glad others are writing about their experiences here.
    I'm also glad I was able to get the credit card company to stop payment on what I ordered until the deal I was promised originally went through. It felt so good to have these people back down and make good.

     
  • At 10:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thank you! I was looking at the site and i thought "this is too good to be true." Guess I was right.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home