Skube's everyday life Blog.

Insight into my mind.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Movies movies movies

So, as usual for Xmas, I got a bunch of DVDs. I got The Frighteners Directors Cut, Serenity, Sin City Extended Edition, The Brothers Grimm, and Star Wars III. The Frighteners and Sin City ones have the best extras of the bunch.
For the Frighteners, I love how Peter Jackson doesn't try to hide any of the "secrets" of the film. They put the laserdisc 4 hour behind the scenes feature on this DVD. About damn time.
Sin City has some really great extras too. I love The Long Cut where it shows about 15 minutes of uninterrupted footage with Tarantino directing. Also the 15 minute film school is good. Not as good as the one on Once Upon a Time in Mexico or El Mariachi, but still really good. And the highspeed green screen of the whole movie is fun to watch.
Serenity doesn't have a whole lot of bonus stuff aside from the usual, but it's still a great film. I loved Firefly though, but I don't think you have to have seen that to enjoy the flick.
Star Wars has a few good tidbits in the extras department, but I still don't love the movie. It's decent and has great effects, but the story felt WAY too rushed and slapped together. oh well.
The Brothers Grimm was fun, but didn't feel quite the same as the usual Gilliam movies. Still, a good fairy tale movie, and reminded me of Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home